Looking for a cocktail that compliments the perfect magical time just before sunset? Go for the three-ingredient cocktail, the Golden Hour cocktail. The Golden Hour cocktail can be used as a nice summer drink, but it is also popular in the winter. It is not that hard to make.
The Golden Hour cocktail is a popular drink in the United States. It is made of bourbon whiskey, blanc beer, and aperitif. All the ingredients are mixed well and served over ice cubes. The drink is garnished with grapefruit zest for an extra kick.
The Golden Hour cocktail is a popular drink that captures the feeling of turning everything into shades of gold. The Golden Hour cocktail is usually served in a highball glass with ice cubes. Some people may add club soda or ginger ale to the drink if they want it to be less strong.
Let us now dive into the recipe for this popular drink, which resembles us to the hour before sunset casting a beautiful golden glow. While scrolling down the recipe, you will come across the required ingredients and pieces of equipment to prepare this five-minute drink.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Golden Hour Cocktail?
- Cocktail Shaker – You might need a cocktail shaker to mix all the ingredients while chilling the drink thoroughly.
- Strainer – You need a cocktail strainer just after the shaker to pour the liquid to prevent ice from falling into the cocktail.
- Peeler – I peeled the edges of the grapefruit using a peeler to get the slice as thick as I needed. It will give a refreshing flavor when combined with Bourbon and Aperol.
- Martini Glass – Any glass can be used to make this cocktail, but a martini glass works best. These gorgeous glasses are my personal favorites for this elegant bourbon cocktail.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Golden Hour Cocktail?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||0 Minutes||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Golden Hour Cocktail?
- Bourbon Whiskey – We will use an American whiskey made from corn to give the cocktail a smooth and sweet flavor. I have used Basil Hayden because of its rich and sweet taste.
- Blanc – I have used Lillet Blanc beer due to its floral, zesty lime, honey, and balancing acidity flavor.
- Aperitif – We will be using Aperol aperitif due to its orange flavor.
- Grapefruit Zest – We will be garnishing grapefruit in our cocktail as it adds a unique hit of sweetness and lends a pale pink color.
Steps To Make Golden Hour Cocktail
1. Need A Shaker
Take a cocktail shaker and add 1 ounce Basil Hayden® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, ¾ ounces Blanc, ¾ ounces Aperitif, and a few ice cubes. Shake all the ingredients well for consistency.
2. The Strain Is Real
Now, using a strainer, strain the liquid to prevent ice remains from falling into the martini glass or any glass. Peel the grapefruit using a peeler and garnish it with a large part of the grapefruit peel.
How Will Golden Hour Cocktail Taste And Look Like?
With a refined taste, Basil Hayden brings smooth and light notes of their Bourbon, making it a delicious pairing when mixed with Lillet and Aperol. This three-ingredient cocktail represents balance, elegance, and quiet joy, just like Golden Hour. The grapefruit zest adds a citrus kick to it all.
Golden Hour Cocktail Recipe
Golden hour cocktail is a well-balanced drink. Its Basil Hayden® bourbon shines, which is complemented by the bittersweet citrus and herbal character from the other ingredients.
- 1 ounce Basil Hayden® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- ¾ ounce Lillet® Blanc
- ¾ ounce Aperol® Aperitif
- 1 Grapefruit Zest (For Garnishing)
Combine whiskey, wine, and then aperitif in a mixing glass with ice.
Strain liquid into a martini glass.
Serve it with a few ice cubes.
Garnish with a large zest of grapefruit.
Calories: 16kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 0.05g | Fat: 0.0146g | Fiber: 1g | Calcium: 7mg
So, this was the complete recipe for the Golden Hour cocktail. This refreshing drink is very easy to prepare, so you had better hone your drink-making skills. Did you like this article? Let me know in the comments. I’ll see you another time with another amazing recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to serve Bourbon?
To serve Bourbon, you can use rock glass.
What is the difference between Whiskey and Bourbon?
The production and aging process is different in Bourbon and whiskey.
Which cocktails are popular right now?
The Bourbon Old Fashioned and the Golden Hour are two well-known and sophisticated cocktails.