Soy Garlic sauce is one of the popular Japanese condiments that has a rich umami taste and aromatic garlic tinge. This savoury sauce has an amazing blend of garlic, soy sauce, and various other complementary ingredients that make it the most versatile and flavourful ingredient.
The main ingredients present in Soy Garlic sauce include minced garlic, soy sauce, sugar, and additional seasonings like sesame oil or ginger. This soy sauce has a bit of a salty and savoury taste, and the touch of garlic adds a pungent and distinct taste to this sauce. A touch of sweetness from sugar perfectly balances out its flavours, thus creating a well-rounded sauce, which enhances a variety of dishes.
Soy Garlic sauce is mostly used as the dipping sauce for grilled meats, dumplings, or tempura. This can be used as the marinade for seafood and meats, adding a savoury kick to your dishes. Whether you are enjoying sushi, noodles or stir-fried vegetables, Soy Garlic sauce will add a burst of taste that elevates your overall taste experience.
With its enchanting blend of garlic and soy flavours, Soy Garlic sauce is a must-try ingredient for Japanese food lovers seeking an aromatic and tangy sauce to enhance their dishes.
- 8 ounces of Meishi noodles (Japanese noodles or rice noodles)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Meishi soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of hottest chilli sauce (as per your taste)
- Green onions, chopped (garnishing)
- Check out the Meishi noodles package instructions and cook it accordingly. Drain and keep it aside.
- In one bowl, combine the Meishi soy sauce, soy sauce, honey or maple syrup, and chilli sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the regular vegetable oil on medium heat and add chopped garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes till lightly golden.
- Add your prepared sauce to the skillet and mix to coat the garlic properly. Cook for a minute to allow all the flavours to blend.
- Add cooked Meishi noodles to the skillet and toss them in the soy garlic sauce till they are perfectly coated. Cook for next 2 minutes and stir continuously, until the noodles are properly cooked.
- Off the flame and remove the skillet and transfer your Soy Garlic Noodles to the serving plates. Add some chopped green onions.
- Serve your Soy Garlic Noodles hot and enjoy!
Note: You can cook this recipe by putting in your favourite vegetables, like sautéed mushrooms, tofu, bell peppers, or grilled chicken. You just need to add this vegetable to the skillet and cook until they’re cooked through.
Tips To Keep In Mind Before Start Cooking
Soy garlic noodles make a flavourful and delicious dish that one can enjoy as the main course or side dish. To ensure your soy garlic noodles taste perfect, check out some helpful tips before you start your cooking process:
Choose the perfect noodles: Select noodles with a sturdy texture that will hold the sauce perfectly. Ramen Egg noodles work best for soy garlic noodles because they have chewy consistency that perfectly complements its flavours.
Cook noodles al dente: Follow package instructions and cook the noodles till they are al dente which means they must be firm to bite. Overcooked noodles will become mushy when it is mixed with the sauce, hence make sure you cook them right.
Prepare your sauce in advance: To achieve a well-balanced flavour, let the soy garlic sauce marinate and develop the taste. Prepare your sauce some hours before you start cooking your noodles, or a night before, to allow its flavours to meld together.
Minimize moisture: After cooking these noodles, drain them completely to remove any excess water. Excess moisture will dilute the sauce and make your noodles soggy, hence you must remove moisture if possible.
Use a hot pan or wok: When you are stir-frying the noodles with sauce, ensure your wok or pan is hot. Cooking at high heat helps to achieve a nice char and prevent the noodles from sticking together.
Stir-fry in batches: If you are cooking a huge quantity of noodles, it is good to stir-fry them in batches. Overcrowding noodles in the pan will lead to uneven cooking and also prevent noodles from getting flavourful and crispy.
Garnish with green onions & sesame seeds: Before serving, just sprinkle some chopped green onions and sesame seeds over the cooked noodles. This adds an aromatic and fresh element and gives visual appeal to your dish.
By keeping the given points in your mind, you will be in transit to creating a plate of delicious soy garlic noodles packed with amazing flavour and perfect texture. Enjoy your culinary adventure!