These 10-minute Blackened Air Fryer Salmon Bites are great on top of a salad, served with rice or your favorite grain, or in a bowl with veggies and sauce.
Blackened Air Fryer Salmon Bites
There’s no mistaking I love salmon, and I love my air fryer. So, making salmon in the air fryer is probably the protein I cook most in it! It’s quick, doesn’t make a mess, and comes out perfectly. Blackened salmon is also one of my favorites, so I hope you enjoy these crispy Blackened Salmon Bites as much as I do! More air fryer salmon recipes you may like, Air Fryer Salmon Sandwich, Air Fryer Salmon with Maple Soy Glaze and Chili-Lime Air Fryer Salmon, and for more blackened seafood recipes, try this Blackened Shrimp and Grits and Blackened Fish Tacos.
Blackened Air Fryer Salmon Ingredients
- Salmon: Fresh or frozen salmon will work in the air fryer. Just make sure to thaw it first if frozen.
- Olive oil spray for spraying the basket and salmon
- Blackened Seasoning: Sweet paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, dried thyme and oregano, salt, black pepper
How To Cook Salmon in the Air Fryer
- Prep Salmon: Put the salmon cubes in a large bowl and spritz with olive oil spray. Combine all the spices and rub the mixture over the salmon.
- Air Fry: Temp and time can vary when making salmon in the air fryer when you look at other recipes, but I like to cook it at 400°F for 5 to 7 minutes, depending on the thickness, for the best results. Shake the basket halfway through and air fry until the salmon is fully cooked and browned.
- If the salmon is frozen, it’s best to let it thaw before air frying. You can do this a couple of ways: Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator, or place the fish, sealed in a bag, in a bowl filled with cold water and let it sit for 30 minutes. If it’s still frozen, dump the water and refill the bowl with fresh, cold water to ensure the fish doesn’t come to room temperature.
- Always shake the basket halfway so the fish browns on all sides and cooks evenly.
- The leftover salmon bites can be refrigerated for three days. To reheat salmon in the air fryer, heat it for about three minutes at 350°F, shaking halfway.
What to Eat with Salmon Bites
More Salmon Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
Your comments are helpful! If you’ve tried this healthy Blackened Salmon Bites recipe or any other on Skinnytaste, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. And if you took a photo of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can reshare on my Stories!
Blackened Air Fryer Salmon Bites
Blackened Air Fryer Salmon Bites are great on top of a salad, served with rice or your favorite grain, or in a bowl with veggies and sauce.
- 4 6 ounce skinless salmon filets, diced in 1 inch chunks
- olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- lemon wedges, for serving
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- brown rice, optional for serving
Place salmon in a large bowl and spritz the salmon with oil.
Combine all the spices, from paprika to black pepper in a small bowl and mix. Rub all over the salmon.
Spray the basket with oil.
Place salmon in the air fryer basket and air fry 400F about 5 to 7 minutes, shaking halfway until the salmon is cooked through in the center and browned all over.
Serve with lemon wedges and fresh parsley.
Serving: 1cup, Calories: 251kcal, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 34g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 93.5mg, Sodium: 356.5mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 0.5g
Keywords: air fryer salmon, air fryer salmon bites, blackened salmon, quick dinner ideas, salmon recipes