Wagyu beef meatballs are an effortless beef dish served with a tangy, spicy, and flavorful dipping sauce. The recipe demands only a few ingredients and an hour to get the wagyu beef meatballs perfect in texture and flavor.
For making wagyu beef meatballs, combine minced beef, diced onion, basil, parsley, and olive oil and mix well. Cook the meatballs on a barbecue grill. Once cooked, serve it with the prepared dipping sauce, garnish it with parsley, and enjoy.
You can prepare this recipe by using both the stovetop and the barbecue. At the time of serving, you can optionally brush some olive oil over the top of the meatballs to keep them from appearing dry.
This fantastic recipe can be made at home with fewer ingredients. Let us now dive into the recipe for Wagyu Beef Meatballs. While scrolling down, you will get essential information regarding equipment, ingredients, and nutritional information.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Wagyu Beef Meatballs
- Bowl – Make the spice mix for the recipe in a small bowl.
- Spoon – Use a spoon to mix the ingredients of the spice mixture
- Spatula – Use a flat spatula to stir the seeds to prevent them from burning.
- Knife and Chopping Board – Use a sharp knife and a heavy chopping board to dice the onion, chop the parsley and basil, and mince the beef.
- Saucepan – You will require a saucepan to sauté the ingredients to make the dipping sauce.
- Barbeque Grill – You will need a barbecue to grill the meatballs.
- Paper Towel – We will need a paper towel to drain off the excess oil from the coated meatballs.
- Serving dish – We need a serving dish to serve our wagyu beef meatballs.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Wagyu Beef Meatballs?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Resting Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||30 Minutes||10 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Wagyu Beef Meatballs?
- Wagyu Mince – We need wagyu beef mince as a key ingredient as it will give a great rich flavor and add a sumptuous texture.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil absorbs the flavor of your ingredients in the recipe.
- Cumin – We will need cumin as it has a savory, nutty, and somewhat pungent flavor.
- Onion – We need brown onion as it has crisp brown skin. The brown onion’s distinct, well-rounded onion flavor makes it perfect for all cooking uses.
- Garlic – We need garlic to give a spicy taste to the dipping sauce.
- Ginger – We need ginger as it has a pungent and spicy aroma and a slightly peppery and sweet taste.
- Tomato sauce – we need tomato sauce because it has a rich flavor and enhances the dipping sauce’s taste.
- Honey – we need honey to add sweetness and give a dark golden color to the dipping sauce.
- Orange Juice – We need orange juice for a tart flavor and a lightly sweet finish.
- Salt and Black Pepper – We will need salt and pepper to add flavor and a savory taste to the meatballs.
- Basil – We need basil as it has a sweet and savory flavor with hints of mint, anise, and pepper.
- Parsley – We need parsley as it has a fresh, peppery flavor with a hint of earthiness.
- Seasoning – We will need dried thyme leaves, smoked paprika, and chili powder for seasoning.
Steps To Make Wagyu Beef Meatballs
1. Chop-Chop The Ingredients
Let us start by chopping the ingredients into bite-sized shapes. Take one large onion and dice it into small pieces. Now chop the fresh basil and parsley and grate the garlic and ginger. Once you are done with this, wash the wagyu beef and mince it into very small pieces.
2. Steps To Make Dipping Sauce
Heat a heavy-based saucepan to medium heat, add a little olive oil and cumin and let it split. Now add the diced onion, grated garlic, and ginger to the saucepan, and sauté until soft and fragrant.
Add the chili powder, smoked paprika, and thyme leaves to the same saucepan and then cook for 1 minute.
Bring this mixture to a boil after adding the tomato sauce, orange juice, and honey. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and flavorful, after reducing the heat.
Then season with salt and pepper and pour into a serving bowl. Set aside.
3. Cook Wagyu Beef
While the sauce is cooking, combine the minced wagyu beef, onion, basil, and ⅓ parsley in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix everything well to combine, and then form into meatballs and place on a flat tray.
4. Cook The Prepared Meatballs
Preheat the barbecue to high heat. Lightly coat the meatballs with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Turn the barbecue to medium heat and remove excess oil from the meatballs using a paper towel. Place the prepared meatballs on the barbecue grill, and cook for 2 minutes per side (assuming four sides).
5. The Final Touch
Once the wagyu beef meatballs are cooked, move them to the barbecue resting rack and rest for 8 minutes.
To serve, arrange the meatballs on your favorite platter or serving bowl along with the sauce, garnish with parsley and enjoy.
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.4 g|
|Trans Fat||2 g|
How Will Wagyu Beef Meatballs Look And Taste Like?
Wagyu Beef Meatballs came to you with the exquisite taste of Wagyu beef, parsley, and basil, served in a red sauce.
The meaty taste goes great with spices and herbs. The taste is perfectly complemented by the sweet and spicy dipping sauce.
Wagyu Beef Meatballs Recipe
Wagyu beef meatballs are delicious and spicy meatballs served with a tangy and spicy dipping sauce. You can prepare these delicious meatballs in just an hour.
For Dipping Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Ginger
- 2 cups Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Orange Juice
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
For Wagyu Beef Meatballs
- 1 ½ kg Wagyu Beef (minced)
- 2 Onions (finely diced)
- 5 teaspoons Fresh Basil (freshly chopped)
- 1 cup Parsley Leaves (freshly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
Dice one large onion, and chop basil and parsley into bite-size shapes. Then mince the cleaned beef into small pieces.
Now prepare the dipping sauce by adding olive oil to a saucepan, adding cumin, and allowing it to split.
Now add diced onion, grated garlic, and ginger and sauté it until soft and fragrant.
Add chili powder, smoked paprika, dried thyme leaves, tomato sauce, orange juice, and honey, and simmer it for 15 to 20 minutes until the sauce is thick and flavorful.
Set it aside and start by making meatballs.
Combine the minced wagyu beef, onion, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper as per your taste. Mix the ingredients well to form 30 meatballs and place them on a flat tray.
Preheat the barbecue to high heat. Lightly coat the meatballs with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Remove excess oil from the meatballs and place the meatballs on the barbecue grill, and cook for 2 minutes per side.
Once the wagyu meatballs are cooked, move them to the barbecue resting rack and rest for 8 minutes.
Arrange the meatballs in a serving bowl along with the dipping sauce and garnish with parsley and enjoy.
Calories: 459kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Trans Fat: 2g
So, this was the final recipe for Wagyu Beef Meatballs. I hope you like it. Try making it at home, and tell me how you liked it in the comments. I’ll see you again with another recipe. Until then, take care, and happy cooking!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I make Wagyu beef meatballs?
This amazing recipe can be made at home using fewer ingredients. The red sauce used to enhance the taste of these excellent Wagyu beef meatballs can be prepared at home using fewer ingredients.
How do Wagyu beef meatballs taste?
Wagyu beef meatballs are tender with a meaty and herby taste due to the herbs and spices added to the beef mince.
Can you freeze Wagyu beef meatballs?
The answer is yes; you can freeze wagyu beef meatballs. Freeze them right and without moisture.