Hello, October! I have a baby due any day now and I’m honestly not quite sure how time is passing so quickly. ANYWAY fall is upon us and so it’s time to start talking about holidays, cozy weather, and recipes that are perfect for entertaining.
I actually perfected this incredible recipe for you a few months back and trust me when I say you’re going to make this one again and again this season and beyond. This 10 minute creamy whipped feta yogurt dip is not only easy to make with super simple ingredients, but it’s absolutely delicious and filled with savory, tangy, fresh & sweet flavors.
All of that in one dip? Yes, you know how I do.
This easy feta dip feels a little fancy thanks to the hot honey drizzle and fun toppings – no one will know you just blended all the goods up in a food processor! I love that it has a punch of protein from creamy siggi’s yogurt (my #1 fav for recipes & snacking on the go) and doesn’t have any heaviness that some feta dips have. Enough chat, time to *literally* whip this dip up, serve it at your next party, and definitely add it to your upcoming holiday menus.
Dreamy feta dip lightened up to perfection
Many feta dip recipes are made creamy with things like sour cream, mayo, and cream cheese, but this feta dip recipe is lightened up by just blending up feta crumbles with protein-packed yogurt.
You all know by now that siggi’s is my go-to for all things yogurt (including plant-based!) I love that one container of their plain yogurt packs 16g of protein and only 4g of sugar. So simple and absolutely perfect for this feta yogurt dip recipe.
Everything you’ll need to make this whipped feta dip
This feta yogurt dip truly couldn’t be easier to make with such simple ingredients. Here’s everything you’ll need to make it:
- Yogurt: as I mentioned, we’re using siggi’s nonfat plain yogurt for an excellent boost of protein, creaminess, and tangy flavor. You can also use their whole milk plain yogurt if that’s your preference.
- Feta: you’ll of course need some delicious, salty feta crumbles.
- Olive oil: a little olive oil keeps the dip extra smooth.
- Lemon: you’ll be adding both lemon juice and zest for a lovely brightness.
- Garlic: I mean come on, gotta have that savory garlic flavor.
- Seasonings: you’ll season the dip with some salt & pepper.
- For topping: we’re drizzling on my homemade hot honey made with honey and red pepper flakes, plus adding extra lemon zest, toasted, sliced almonds, and fresh basil. YES.
Another topping to try
I think pistachios or toasted walnuts would be fabulous in this recipe for a different twist!
Don’t forget to toast those nuts
Yes, you could add regular sliced almonds, but toasting them makes them SO much better. There are two easy ways to do it:
- Stovetop method: Add sliced almonds to a pan and place over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 2-5 minutes until almonds are slightly golden brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool before adding them to the feta dip.
- Oven method: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place sliced almonds on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes until fragrant and golden brown, stirring once halfway through baking. Watch carefully so that the nuts do not burn!
How to make homemade hot honey
Making your own hot honey literally takes 1 step – you’ll make this one again and again! Simply add your honey and red pepper flakes to a small bowl and microwave for 15-30 seconds until the honey is slightly bubbling. Give it a stir and you’re good to go!
Tip: instead of red pepper flakes you can also use a little of your fav hot sauce.
Whipped feta yogurt dip in 3 simple steps
- Blend your ingredients. You’ll literally add all of your dip ingredients (minus the toppings) to a food processor and process until the mixture is smooth. Add salt & pepper to taste and process again to mix it up.
- Make the hot honey. Heat up that hot honey as described above!
- Top & devour. Add your feta dip to a shallow bowl for dipping, drizzle on the hot honey and top with the almonds, lemon zest and basil. Serve with pita chips or veggies and enjoy!
Tip for serving a crowd
The feta yogurt dip serves 4-6 people as written, but feel free to double it to serve more!
Can I make it ahead of time?
Yes! Feel free to make the dip a few days ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Be sure to reserve the toppings right before you serve it.
Delicious ways to serve this whipped feta dip
The options are truly endless! We love to eat it as a:
- Dip (of course) for pita chips, veggies, crackers, and even your favorite proteins
- Spread for sandwiches, burgers, pita wraps, crostini, and flatbreads
- Dressing for homemade Greek salads
How to store feta yogurt dip
Store any leftover feta dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Give it a good mix before enjoying it from the fridge!
More delicious dip recipes to try
Get all of my dip recipes here!
I hope you love this whipped feta yogurt dip! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Whipped Feta Yogurt Dip with Hot Honey, Basil & Toasted Almonds
Creamy whipped feta yogurt dip made with simple ingredients and topped with a drizzle of hot honey, fresh basil, and crunchy toasted almonds. This easy feta dip is the perfect balance of tangy, sweet and savory, and packs a wonderful boost of protein thanks to siggi’s yogurt. Dip your fav pita chips, bread and veggies for the ultimate appetizer.
- For the whipped feta yogurt:
siggi’s nonfat plain yogurt
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- For the homemade hot honey:
red pepper flakes
- For topping:
- Extra lemon zest (about 1 teaspoon)
toasted sliced almonds
- Fresh torn basil
- For serving:
- Pita chips
Make the whipped feta yogurt sauce: add yogurt, feta, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic to the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth and well combined, scraping down the sides as necessary. Add salt and pepper to taste and process once more. Add to a shallow bowl that’s great for dipping.
Make the hot honey by adding honey and red pepper flakes to a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 15-30 seconds or until honey is slightly bubbling.
Top the whipped feta yogurt dip with lemon zest, drizzle with the hot honey, sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds and add some fresh torn basil on top. Serve with pita chips. Enjoy!
Feel free to double this recipe to serve a crowd. The whipped feta yogurt dip can be made a few days ahead of time, but reserve the toppings right before you serve.
I think pistachios or toasted walnuts would be fabulous in this recipe for a different twist.
If you can’t find toasted sliced almonds, feel free to toast your own at home. Instructions are in the blog post.
See the full post for tips, tricks & ways to customize this dip!
Servings: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 serving (based on 6)
Saturated fat: 4.2g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by The Mindful Hapa
This post is sponsored by siggi’s. All text and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make AK possible!