Jalapeno Popper Crescent Rolls are a stunning and delicious appetizer! They’re made with crescent roll dough that’s stuffed with a savory cream cheese, bacon and jalapeño filling, then baked to a tasty golden brown. Flavorful without being too spicy, these little crescents will absolutely be a crowd pleaser!
Craving some more jalapeno popper recipes? Spice up your life with these tasty Jalapeño Popper Bites and delicious Jalapeño Popper Mac and Cheese!
Jalapeno Popper Crescent Rolls
Buttery, flaky, stuffed? Jalapeño Popper Crescent Rolls are a surprisingly easy appetizer perfect for watching football or playing board games around the dinner table. They’re so easy to whip up and full of flavor! This recipe can easily feed a crowd and isn’t too spicy, so even the kids can enjoy them.
Of course you can make a spicier version depending on your heat tolerance. We love to make these for game days, potlucks, or just a fun appetizer for friends!
Why I Love This Appetizer
Why do I love Jalapeno Popper Puffs?
- They’re so easy! The filling is made in just about 10 minutes and requires minimum prep. This is an appetizer that can quickly be thrown together when guests show up unexpectedly or you get a last minute invite to game night.
- All the flavor of jalapeño poppers, none of the deep frying. I love the taste of a good jalapeño popper, but the effort of stuffing and frying can be too much! Plus, the deep fried texture can be heavy. These crescent rolls have all of the flavor and none of the grease.
- You can control the spice. Leave out the seeds for a mild version or leave them in and kick up the heat!
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a crowd!
Craving Crescent Rolls? Check Out These Variations!
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Crescent Rolls
- Easy Chocolate Crescents
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza Pinwheels
- Veggie Pizza
- Crescent Veggie Christmas Tree Recipe
- Homemade Crescent Rolls
What You’ll Need
Jalapeño Crescent Rolls are a quick and easy snack or appetizer option! As always, you can find the full printable recipe with complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of this post. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need…
- bacon – Cooked until crispy and crumbled or chopped up.
- cream cheese – Softened to room temperature.
- cheese – Shredded sharp cheddar is what I prefer for this recipe but Monterey Jack, Colby, Pepper Jack or your favorite cheese will work too.
- jalapeño – Make sure the seeds and membrane are removed before dicing into small pieces to reduce the heat.
- green onion – Thinly sliced.
- crescent roll dough – You’ll need two cans for this recipe.
- dips – Ranch and bleu cheese are our favorites!
How To Make Jalapeno Popper Puffs
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Take two large baking sheets and line them with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese with a stand or hand mixer until light and creamy in texture.
- Sprinkle in the crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, diced jalapeño, and sliced green onions. Beat once more until combined with the cream cheese. Set aside.
- Unroll the crescent dough and separate into the prepared triangles. Now, cut each of those triangles in half. You should have two narrow triangles for each precut crescent roll.
- Scoop 1 ½ teaspoons (or use your best judgment) of the cream cheese filling onto the widest part of each mini crescent triangle. Roll up the dough.
- Transfer the filled crescent rolls to the prepared baking sheets. Leave a good 2 inches between each one so they have room to spread while baking.
- Bake the poppers for 11-13 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Cool slightly before serving with your favorite dip and enjoy!
Store any leftover crescent rolls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To freeze, place cooled crescent rolls in a freezer-safe airtight container for up to 3 months.
To reheat, place in the oven at 325°F oven for a few minutes.
How To Work With Jalapeños
It’s best to wear gloves when handling these peppers so the oils don’t seep into your skin and start to burn. The seeds are where the heat is, so be sure to thoroughly de-seed and scrape the inside of the jalapeños if you want a milder appetizer. If you like spice, you can absolutely leave the seeds in. Rinsing the peppers after de-seeding will help to eliminate leftover oils that still cling to the pepper.
What Is Another Way To Make This Appetizer?
For a more traditional take (closer to an actual jalapeño popper), you can slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise and create small boats. Fill with the cream cheese filling. Place each halved jalapeño on the widest part of the crescent roll and roll the dough around the jalapeño. In this case you won’t want to cut the triangle dough into smaller triangles and you may need extra ingredients to make this version. These will be larger but will have the same great flavor!
Trish’s Tips and Tricks
- Use Hawaiian crescent rolls for a hint of sweetness in the mix.
- Make sure you let your cream cheese soften before mixing. This makes combining the filling so much easier! Trust me, your arms will thank you for saving them from the workout.
- You can add some seasonings to the cream cheese filling if you like. A touch of salt, pepper, and garlic powder can elevate the flavors in the filling.
- It can be tempting to really add a lot of filling to the rolls but resist the urge! It will just seep out the sides while baking.
Easy Appetizers for Entertaining
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Teriyaki Bites
- Spicy Ranch Pretzels
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Pickles
- Slow Cooker Kielbasa Bites
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
How To Make Jalapeno Popper Crescent Rolls
Jalapeno Popper Crescent Rolls
Jalapeño Popper Crescent Rolls are a stunning and delicious appetizer! They’re made with crescent roll dough that’s stuffed with a savory cream cheese, bacon and jalapeño filling, then baked to a tasty golden brown. Flavorful without being too spicy, these little crescents will absolutely be a crowd pleaser!
- 8 ounces bacon cooked until crispy and crumbled or chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 medium jalapeno seeds and membrane removed, small diced
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 16 ounces crescent roll dough 2 (8) ounce cans
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until light and creamy.
Add the bacon, shredded cheese, diced jalapeno and green onions in the bowl and beat until combined. Set aside.
Carefully unroll the crescent dough and separate into triangles. Next, cut each triangle in half lengthwise so you have two narrow triangles.
Spoon about 1 & ½ teaspoons of the cream cheese filling onto the widest part of each triangle. Roll up the dough to form a crescent.
Transfer to the prepared baking sheet making sure to leave about 2 inches between each crescent roll.
Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Let cool for several minutes before serving.
Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 204mg | Potassium: 28mg | Fiber: 0.02g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 142IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 0.5mg