Why You’ll Love White Chicken Chili
- It’s full of protein and fiber for a meal that will not only warm you up from the inside out but will also keep you full!
- Made in the crockpot, all you have to do is combine the ingredients so you can be in and out of the kitchen in no time and come home to a scrumptious dinner.
- With 12 servings, it’s the perfect option for feeding a crowd.
- Leftovers keep well for lunch the next day; if you’re lucky enough to have leftovers.
- The spices and seasonings can easily be adjusted to fit your flavor preferences; so don’t be afraid to add a little extra hot sauce!
- You’ll find an easy option for making white bean chicken chili on the stovetop below.
Key Ingredients for White Bean Chicken Chili
There are seemingly a million different ways to prepare crockpot white bean chicken chili, and we’ve tried them all. However, this version is the one we always come back to again, and again….and again. Made with simple ingredients, it’s big on flavor and simply the best.
- Skinless, boneless chicken breasts are used as the protein source and added to the crockpot completely raw.
- Plenty of fiber can be found in this dish! Northern beans and corn are included to keep you satisfied.
- The secret to ultra creamy broth is a combination of condensed cream of chicken soup and chicken broth thickened with a pinch of flour.
- Chopped onions and garlic make everything tastier, including this dish.
- Plenty of spices belong here! Oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper create a warm flavor and are given a kick of heat with a dash of hot sauce.
- Technically optional, this white bean chicken chili is best served with a sprinkling of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
White Chili Chicken Recipe Commonly Asked Questions
This crockpot white chicken chili makes for a satisfying meal all on its own. However, you can never go wrong with a side of tortilla chips, rustic bread, or sweet corn muffins to soak up all the goodness.
This white chili chicken recipe will work great on the stovetop as well. Just be sure to brown the chicken in a skillet first. Then, add the ingredients to a large pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to simmer, cover and let cook for 1 hour. If short on time, opt for this stovetop 30-minute white bean turkey chili instead!
Leftovers keep well so go ahead and make a big batch of this chili! When stored in an airtight container, it will stay fresh in the fridge for 3-5 days or freezer for up to 6 months. Just be sure to seal it airtight.
More to Cook and Eat
- Crock Pot Chili – One bite and you’ll know why this hearty chili recipe is one of our favorites.
- Butternut Squash Chili – The perfect meal to serve gathered around the table with friends.
- Vegetarian Chili – This is hands down the best vegetarian (or vegan) chili we’ve ever had; try it for yourself and see if you agree!
- Healthy Chicken Chili – Good for you and ready in 30 minutes, dinner doesn’t get better than this.
- Healthy Fall Pumpkin Chili – We absolutely adore this cold-weather meal. Loaded with nutritious ingredients and savory flavors, it’s comforting, cozy, and oh-so-tasty.
White Chicken Chili (Crockpot)
Hearty and comforting, this white bean chicken chili is hands down the best comfort food we’ve ever had the privilege of devouring. Made with simple ingredients and plenty of flavor, it’s rich, creamy, and so easy to make! Pairs perfectly with rustic bread or sweet corn muffins.
Servings: 12 servings
- 4 lbs chicken breast tenders, boneless, skinless, cut into chunks
- 3 cans Northern beans, 15 oz each, drained
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup, 10.5 oz each
- 2 cans corn, 15 oz each
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 onions, small, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tsp oregano
- 2 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Tobasco sauce
- 6 TB flour
- Kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheddar , for optional garnish
Combine all ingredients (except salt/pepper) into large slow cooker. Mix well to incorporate.
Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink and onions are soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Turn slow cooker to “warm” setting, and keep warm until ready to serve. If desired, garnish with shredded cheddar. Serve with bread, chips, or corn muffins.
If you’d like to cook this on stovetop, brown chicken in a skillet first (no need to cook through, just browning is enough.) Then, add the ingredients to a large pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to simmer, cover and let cook for 1 hour.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 490mg | Potassium: 794mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 157IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 2mg
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram