Browned Butter and Sage Roasted Butternut Squash
Prep Time: 10 minutes Prepare dinner Time: 20 minutes Overall Time: 30 minutes Servings: 6
Tender roasted sweet butternut squash in garlic browned butter with lots of fried sage!
- 1 (2-3 pound) butternut squash, peed, seeded and minimize into bite sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to style
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh new sage, thinly sliced
- Toss the butternut squash with the oil, salt and pepper prior to spreading out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast the squash in a preheated 400F/200C oven until tender, about 20-30 minutes, mixing half way by way of.
- In the meantime, cook dinner the butter in a compact saucepan above medium heat until it starts to convert a good hazelnut brown before getting rid of it from the heat and mixing in the garlic and sage.
Selection: Include 1 tiny onion. (You can either slice it and roast it with the butternut or dice it and prepare dinner it in the butter.)
Solution: Incorporate 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey or brown sugar to butter mixture, immediately after mixing in the garlic and sage, for some extra sweetness and flavour.
Choice: Insert a splash of lemon juice, cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar to the butter combination right after mixing in the garlic and sage.
Alternative: Add a pinch of crimson pepper flakes along with the garlic and sage.
Alternative: Swap the sage with thyme.
Solution: Garnish with 1/4 cup crispy cooked pancetta.
Possibility: Garnish with 1/4 cup pepitas.
Choice: Garnish with 1/4 cup dried cranberries.
Possibility: Sprinkle grated parmesan or pecorino cheese on when still heat.