One particular Pot Orzo Pasta with Chicken, Sundried Tomatoes, and Spinach is healthful, uncomplicated to make, and bursting with crave-worthy flavors. This healthier 20-minute food is best for fast paced weeknights and evening meal functions alike!
407 Energy49g CARBS8g Body fat33g PROTEIN
One Pot Orzo Pasta with Chicken Recipe
This simple orzo pasta recipe is a active mom’s desire. Straightforward to make, wholesome, and delicious—the trifecta! Include in the point that it takes just 20 minutes to make and you have acquired your self the best household evening meal. Serving for one? The leftovers can provide as brief and easy lunches all week very long.
I don’t know about you, but I’m not a supporter of carrying out dishes. That is one of the several reasons why just one-pot foods are so darn interesting to me. Only one dish to clean? Rely me in.
I’m no stranger to these styles of meals, which you most likely know if you’ve noticed my other a person pot meals like this A single Pot Caprese Pasta or this A person Pot Spinach and Tomato Pasta.
A single Pot Orzo is made with flavorful ingredients together with hen breast, orzo, hen broth, white beans, child spinach, sundried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and refreshing basil. It’s a powerhouse of abundant, savory, fresh, and lively flavors, all cooked in one particular superb pot. We also appreciate this Lemon Orzo with Broccoli and Roasted Vegetable Orzo.
You can provide this dish on its own or pair it alongside some Two Component Dough Breadsticks for the greatest pasta evening. No matter how and when you pick to provide this dish, it ensures to be the star of any dinner desk. Attempt it out for your self and see!
To make this scrumptious 1-pot orzo recipe, you will need the adhering to key components:
- Hen breasts: Make sure to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Rooster thighs also perform. For a vegetarian 1-pot dish, sense totally free to leave the rooster.
- Garlic: Fresh new is ideal, so I extremely suggest sticking to fresh garlic if you can. In any other case, garlic powder will perform in a pinch.
- Hen broth: To maintain the sodium reduced in this dish, I favor to use lower-sodium rooster broth. However, regular rooster broth and vegetable broth will the two operate fine as nicely.
- Orzo: If you never have orzo or simply just want to attempt one thing else, truly feel totally free to use your preferred tiny sort of pasta. Some of my leading options contain ditalini or pastina. Nonetheless, you will need to have to alter the cooking time to match the pasta you are cooking.
- Cannellini beans: These beans have a nutty, earthy flavor that tastes wonderful with the other flavors of this dish. They also insert a hearty dose of protein and fiber. Chickpeas also perform or you can skip the beans totally.
- Toddler spinach: If six cups of spinach seem like a good deal to you, just wait right until it cooks down! If you only have frozen spinach, that will work as properly. Just make positive ro defrost it 1st and squeeze out any excessive moisture.
- Sunshine-dried tomatoes: I recommend working with the variety that appear packed in oil with herbs, as this infuses a ton of superb taste into the currently-mouth watering sun-dried tomatoes. Drained diced tomatoes would also get the job done.
- Fresh basil: Although you can use a distinctive herb if you’d like (parsley performs nicely), it is certainly crucial to stick to refreshing herbs. They add tons of taste to this remarkable dish.
What is orzo pasta? How do you cook orzo?
Orzo is a tiny pasta that is oval-formed and resembles rice. It is categorised as a “pastina” or very little pasta in Italy and is designed from semolina flour. It is common in soups, grain bowls, pasta salads, pasta dishes, and other recipes where by a lesser pasta is effective much better.
Typically talking, orzo can be cooked in two methods. It can be cooked just like any pasta in boiling salted h2o. It can take 8-10 minutes.
Orzo can also be cooked like rice, the place the orzo absorbs the liquid it cooks. This effects in a delectable creamy texture considering the fact that the starch continues to be. For this preparation, you will want 2 cups of liquid for 1 cup of orzo. Cook dinner for 8-12 minutes, stirring usually to preserve the orzo from sticking.
Recipe Tips and Variations
Below are some of my top rated ideas and methods to assistance you make this dish:
- The liquid is adaptable. If your liquid evaporates ahead of your orzo has completed cooking, do not be frightened to include some more! I’ve always observed 3 cups of broth to be the sweet spot, but you can totally include far more if required. The rooster broth turns into a creamy sauce for this dish, so really do not be fearful to include a small excess if essential. It should not be dry. Incorporate about two tablespoons of liquid at a time.
- Stir. Make absolutely sure you recall to stir your orzo usually to be certain that it does not adhere to the base of the pan.
- Modify the cooking time if wanted: Taste the orzo as it cooks and boosts the cooking time if desired until finally it is al dente.
- White wine. If you’re experience fancy, attempt changing some of the rooster broth with white wine. Liquor can help launch flavor molecules in other foodstuff, indicating the flavors of this dish will be increased.
- Dried herbs. If you just cannot get your hands on any fresh new herbs, you can use dried basil as an alternative. Just make sure to reduce the total by half.
- Finish with lemon: To incorporate some brightness to the last dish, finish with some new lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Insert much more veggies: This dish will work wonderful with added veggies. Contemplate incorporating some purple peppers, zucchini, pink onion, refreshing cherry tomatoes, or summer squash.
- Incorporate a garnish: Kick up the flavor even additional by introducing some kalamata olives, pine nuts, capers, sliced lemons, new parsley, crimson pepper flakes, or extra parmesan cheese.
How to Provide Orzo Pasta
This Just one Pot Rooster and Orzo is the best balanced weeknight evening meal. For the reason that it has all the components of a well balanced food — grains, veggies, and protein — this dish stands up brilliantly on its own.
If you’re looking for a thing additional, here are some of my preferred dishes to provide with this dish:
- Bread. Bread is the classic pasta accompaniment and this delicious orzo dish is no different. I advise serving this orzo dish with garlic bread, toasted sourdough, or traditional breadsticks.
- Salad. If you are searching to include some more greens into your meal, then serving this orzo together with a facet salad is a wonderful preference. Some of my top alternatives include things like my Simple Arugula Salad, Easy Spring Blend Salad, and Cucumber, Avocado, and Tomato Salad.
Leftovers and Storage Strategies
Hunting to shop leftovers of this balanced just one-pot meal? No issue. Once the dish has cooled, transfer it to an airtight storage container. Then, you can keep it in one particular of two approaches:
- In the fridge for up to 3-5 times.
- In the freezer for up to 2 months.
Commonly Requested Thoughts
Under are the responses to some of the most usually asked queries about this dish:
This orzo recipe is packed with protein, fiber, nutritional vitamins, and minerals from the addition of plenty of veggies, beans, and hen. However, since orzo is rather high in carbs, it is continue to crucial to eat this dish in moderation. As extended as you do that, this food makes a properly balanced addition to any diet.
Reheating leftovers of this healthier dish is a breeze. All you have to do is position them in a microwave-harmless container and reheat in 1 moment intervals right until warm. Alternatively, you can reheat leftovers on medium warmth above the stove until finally warmed by. If the dish seems to be dry, add a splash of rooster broth.
Though sunshine-dried tomatoes add a ton of taste to this dish, you can certainly use canned diced tomatoes in their place if that’s what you have at household. Maintain in intellect this will alter the flavor and texture of the dish, but it will nevertheless be mouth watering.