When you hear the word “soup”, you think of a warm delicious meal. But did you know that some people enjoy their soup cold? It’s a delicious and refreshing starter for a warm lunch or dinner, something that is definitely a must-try.
Cook these cold soup recipes to find out:
Herbed Lemon Avocado Soup
What you need:
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon basil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
Mix together avocados, lemon juice, lemon zest, vegetable broth, coconut milk, lemon basil, white wine vinegar, shallots and kosher salt in a blender or food processor. Puree until mixture is smooth. Transfer mixture to a glass container, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight. Add more lemon juice or salt if necessary.
The Summer Medley
What you need:
- 1/2 kilogram assorted small tomatoes, halved
- 8 large heirloom tomatoes, each sliced into 8 wedges, pureed
- 2 large tomatoes, halved and cored
- 2 small squash, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cantaloupe, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup halved blueberries
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
Line 2 layers of cheesecloth in a colander and place over a large bowl. Pour tomato puree over cheesecloth, tie ends of the cheesecloth and refrigerate overnight. When ready, extract remaining liquid from the cheesecloth by gently pressing with a spoon (should yield about 4 cups). Cover and refrigerate. Meanwhile, place large tomato halves, cut side up on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon sugar. Bake in a pre-heated oven (250 degrees) for 2 hours. When ready, place a roasted tomato half in 4 soup bowls. Divide squash, cucumber, cantaloupe, assorted tomatoes, blueberries and thyme. Season with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Stir in remaining sea salt to chilled tomato water and pour over fresh ingredients. Drizzle remaining olive oil over bowls and serve immediately.
If you want a refreshing appetizer, a satisfying snack or a simple light meal, soup is the way to go. Try something different this time and go for the chilled variety and you’ll be surprised! They’re healthy, too! Try these tasty cold soup recipes now!
Ideas for Quick and Healthy Breakfast Recipes
What Is Japans Favorite Fast Food?
Choose Order Cake Online To Pursue The Unique Themes