Hippie Hash is the very best breakfast hash you’ve (in all probability) in no way read of. Produced with a colorful mixture of veggies and topped with feta cheese, this delightful breakfast dish is bursting with flavor in every bite. Prime with a poached egg and tumble in appreciate!
164 Energy29g CARBS4g Unwanted fat5g PROTEIN
Hippie Hash (The Very best Veggie Hash) Recipe
If you have never ever heard of hippie hash, really do not worry—you’re not by itself. Up until my superb buddy whipped up a batch for a team of our mates at a new get-collectively, I experienced hardly ever listened to of it possibly. After seeking my 1st bite, I was quickly sold. Hippie hash is incredible!
This fast and uncomplicated breakfast dish is made with shredded hash brown potatoes, the veggies of your preference, and a handful of feta cheese to major it all off.
It’s prepared from get started to complete in under 20 minutes and is mad delicious. Mainly because this dish is so versatile, there are tons of ways to spice it up.
I appreciate topping my hippie hash with a poached egg, fresh avocado, or even a drizzle of creamy chipotle sauce for a very little kick.
Whether you’re serving breakfast for evening meal or internet hosting a Sunday brunch, this vegetarian breakfast hash is the top healthier breakfast to serve to a huge group.
Go away it vegetarian or toss in some bacon or sausage crumbles to add some flavor. Do not just get my word for it—try out this hippie hash for on your own and permit me know what you imagine!
What You are going to Require
Here’s what you will will need to make the greatest hippie hash you’ve ever had.
- Hash Brown Potatoes: You can obtain shredded hash brown potatoes in the frozen food aisle of most grocery shops. If you cannot discover any, you could also use diced potatoes or sweet potatoes rather.
- New Veggies: You will have to have zucchini, pink bell pepper, broccoli, minced garlic, mushrooms, and purple onion. Having said that, you can swap these for any other veggies of your preference primarily based on what you have at dwelling.
- Feta Cheese: I totally love topping off this dish with a handful of tangy feta cheese for a burst of excess flavor. It’s delectable!
- Spices: The only spices you will will need are salt, pepper, and crushed purple pepper flakes if you want a minimal contact of warmth. Great and uncomplicated.
- Olive Oil: You will need to have just a modest volume of oil to sauté your veggies. I ordinarily use significant-high-quality olive oil, but avocado oil or grapeseed oil would also perform good.
Hippie Hash Recommendations and Tricks
If you have never built hippie hash before (or any breakfast hash, for that subject), don’t fret! Below are some of my top strategies and tricks to make certain delicious success:
- Breakfast hash tastes best when it’s served appropriate away, but you can effortlessly keep it for later if required. Allow it amazing, then transfer the dish to an airtight container and retail outlet it in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Alternatively, you could freeze this dish for up to 2-3 months.
- Experience free to change up the veggies however you like dependent on what you have at home. This is a fantastic clean up out the fridge meal! Some other good veggies for breakfast hash contain corn, cherry tomatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, kale, and spinach.
- If you don’t have shredded hash brown potatoes, come to feel totally free to use diced Yukon gold potatoes. Just make confident to dice them modest and maintain them fairly the exact same in measurement. You can peel them first or leave the skins on—totally up to you.
- Serve this dish on its very own (it is tremendous gratifying!) or pair it with a gentle aspect dish like clean fruit, scrambled egg whites, or turkey bacon. You also can’t go completely wrong with a wonderful cup of scorching espresso or tea on the aspect.
On the lookout for methods to customise this dish and make it your possess? Here are some enjoyment (and delectable) variants to test out:
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash: Consider swapping out the hash brown potatoes for cubed sweet potatoes to swap up the textures and taste profile. This is a different sweet potato hash we appreciate.
- Vegan Breakfast Hash: Promptly make a delectable vegan hash by leaving out the feta cheese or swapping it for a dairy-free alternate.
- Significant-Protein Breakfast Hash: Amp up the protein in this crave-deserving breakfast dish by adding chopped bacon, crumbled sausage, or black beans.
- Mexican Breakfast Hash: Rework this dish into the ideal Mexican-encouraged brunch dish by incorporating black beans and corn. Garnish with sliced jalapenos, salsa, and refreshing cilantro.
- Nutrient-Dense Breakfast Hash: For an further wholesome breakfast hash, toss in some contemporary leafy greens like spinach or kale. As an added reward, these veggies make this vibrant dish even far more lively!
Frequently Requested Inquiries
Listed here are the responses to some of the most routinely questioned questions about this hippie hash recipe:
Hippie Hash originated at the Fleetwood Diner in the vicinity of the College of Michigan. It’s mainly a veggie-packed breakfast hash that gets topped with a heap of feta cheese just right before currently being served. This vegetarian breakfast dish is heat, hearty, and packed with amazing flavors.
Certainly! To make this breakfast hash vegan, all you have to do is leave out the feta cheese. If you want to beef it up for a much more filling food, truly feel free to include some of your beloved plant-centered sausage crumbles or black beans.
I appreciate topping my hippie hash with cracked black pepper, refreshing herbs like chives or parsley, and a drizzle of scorching sauce when I’m in the temper for some warmth. Some additional great possibilities for toppings include new avocado, a dollop of salsa or bitter product, and a poached egg. Never be worried to get creative—the alternatives are infinite!