For anyone searching for a deliciously simple whole-roasted cauliflower recipe, this is the one!
This recipe takes a head of cauliflower and oven roasts it in garlic butter, lemon zest, and lots of tangy parmesan cheese!
Healthy Whole Cauliflower
- Cauliflower has been the low-carb darling because there are so many ways to prepare it!
- This whole roasted cauliflower is a great side dish that packs lots of flavor.
- Healthy, filling, and delicious, this roasted whole cauliflower recipe is as striking on the plate as it is delicious to eat!
- Cut into slices or wedges and serve as a hearty side dish. Top with pieces of crumbled bacon cooked in the oven.
Cauliflower – Choose a heavy head of fresh cauliflower surrounded by thick green leaves. Remove leaves and rinse any dirt or debris from the head. Pat dry before seasoning.
Butter – We love the flavor of butter (of course) and the way it browns but olive oil works too.
Seasoning – Season the whole head of cauliflower any way you like! I keep it relatively simple with just a bit of parmesan cheese and garlic powder but this recipe lends itself well to your favorite seasonings and spices.
How to Roast a Whole Cauliflower
- Trim away the leaves, wash the cauliflower and trim the stem with a sharp knife.
- Place it in a Dutch oven and brush it with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bake (the steam helps cook it) until tender.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese & broil until browned & crispy.
How to Store Leftovers
- Keep leftover cauliflower in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat by pan-frying slices, or mash or chop leftovers for soups, stews, or stir-fries.
- Freeze portions wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a zippered bag for up to 1 month.
Did you love this Garlic Parmesan Whole Roasted Cauliflower? Leave us a rating & a comment below!
Garlic Parmesan Whole Roasted Cauliflower
An entire head of cauliflower is brushed with a simple homemade garlic butter and baked until tender.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Trim leaves from cauliflower head. Place head in a dutch oven.
Combine butter, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Brush mixture on top of cauliflower head.
Cover with foil (the steam helps cook it) and bake for 45-55 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
Remove foil, sprinkle on parmesan cheese and broil until the cheese is browned and crispy. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
If you don’t have a dutch oven, this can be baked in a dish and covered with foil.
Calories: 80 | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 60mg | Vitamin A: 360IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 0.2mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.